Crack Cocaine has three distinguishing features:
- It gives the user a short – lived, intense high
- It is highly addictive
- It inevitably leads to the user’s downfall
These exact three characteristics are found when business leaders feed their egos.
Let’s be honest, we all stroke our egos.
- The anecdote or story we tell about how competently we did something or how wonderful we are
- Those little extra comments we add to a conversation so that everyone knows that we are all wise and all knowing
- The statements, pictures, and stories that we share with others that draws attention to ourselves as someone special…and better
As leaders, we get hooked on feeding our egos in order to enjoy the ego-boosting high that comes from thinking that we are great.